Tuesday, March 19, 2013

2 Store Shop Hop in Portland

First stop, Cool Cottons!  I love to find a great store in a really cool setting.  I loved this store in this house!  The fabric collection is very modern!DSC06969I have decided I really want to make a Modern Quilt!  Not sure if it is in me or not.  I guess we will just have to wait and see.

DSC06970So back to the store.  I loved how clean and crisp the feel of the store is.DSC06971Check out the tangerine collection.  At one time in my quilting life I did not appreciate this color, but it sure is refreshing to me know.DSC06972I think the wood floor and wood trim really gave a great feel to this house and therefore this store.DSC06973Ok, you knew I would have to find some goodies to take home, well here they are.  I couldn’t get much more in my suitcase, so I had to be picky!

DSC06974On the store number 2, Fabric Depot!

DSC06982

This store is just what the name implies.  It is a Depot for sure.  Soooo much fabric (you know I love fabric, I was quite at home in the warehouse), but this was just too much for me.  I must have a love for the quaint little shop, because that is where I seem to be the happiest.  Don’t get me wrong, there was every fabric, from every maker right there in one place.  All it lacked really was personality.

DSC06979

I did find another version of Daniela’s quilt. That’s 2 versions in 2 days. She sure is popular!

DSC06976I did manage to find myself some more eye candy to bring home with me.  These sure seem soft and calm for me.  I think I may not be used to the hoopla and excitement of this travel adventure.

DSC06983

I am now at the airport, waiting for my flight to Las Vegas (this adventure isn’t quite over yet).  Flight in 20 minutes, so…

Blog at you later,

Tiffany

No comments: