Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Goddess Block Project–Blocks 3 & 4

So, last week was just a bit crazy for me.  I was preparing to teach at Road to California and even though I did get Block 3 posted to YouTube and on my website, I did not blog about it.  So today I am blogging about Blocks 3 & 4.

DSC_0204

Here is Block 3 – Gem Stones Block.

Block 3 - Gem Stones

Here is the block in gray scale.  Click on the block below to download the printed instructions:

Block 3

Now for the video for Block 3 – The Gem Stones Block.  Click on the box below to watch.Block 3 Gem Stones

Check out what kind of quilts you can make with this block:

I designed this quilts using 16 of the Gem Stone Blocks.  4 blocks by 4 blocks.

Gem Stones Quilt 2

This time I used nine blocks:

Gem Stones Quilt 1

On to the next Block:Block 4-Mimic with frame

Here is Block 4 – Mimic Block.

Block 4 - Mimic

Here is the block in gray scale.  Click on the block below to download the printed instructions:

Block 4 - Mimic in gray

Now for the video for Block 4 – The Mimic Block.  Click on the box below to watch.Block 4 - Mimic

Check out what kind of quilts you can make with this block:

I designed these quilts using 16 of the Mimic Blocks.  4 blocks by 4 blocks.

Block 4 sample 1

Block 4 sample 2

Each block is designed using The Goddess Tool, it is available in a PDF form here (click on the Tool below):NIAHS-RulerTmeplate

You can always order an actual acrylic Tool on my website, Needle in a Hayes Stack.

The reason these blocks are designed using The Goddess Tool, is because there are many quilters who own this tool and I wanted to make sure you had plenty of blocks you could create.  I do not want you to think this tool is a one purpose tool.  It has many, many uses!

I also have a video about general use of The Goddess Tool, just in case you want to check out all the uses for the tool.  Click here:

The Goddess Tool with background

I hope you are enjoying this weekly Free Block Project!

Blog at you later,

Tiffany

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments: