Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The Goddess Block Project–Intro and Block 1

I have something new to share!  I have decided to design and offer for FREE a block a week (for an undetermined length of time). 

DSC_0173

How about a video Introduction to The Goddess Block Project?TGBP Intro

I present to you – Block 1, The New Year Star Block!

Block 1 Photo

Each block is designed using The Goddess Tool,it is available in a PDF form here (click on the Tool below): NIAHS-RulerTmeplate

You can always order an actual acrylic Tool on my website, Needle in a Hayes Stack.

The reason these blocks are designed using The Goddess Tool, is because there are many quilters who own this tool and I wanted to make sure you had plenty of blocks you could create.  I do not want you to think this tool is a one purpose tool.  It has many, many uses! 

Here is the block in gray scale.  Click on the block below to download the printed instructions:

Jan 2 2015

Want to watch a video about the block construction?  I did that too!

Now for the video for Block 1 – The New Year Star Block.  Click on the box below to watch.Block 1

I also have a video about general use of The Goddess Tool, just in case you want to check out all the uses for the tool.  Click here:  The Goddess Tool with background

I have been busy, can you tell?  I plan to share on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest too!  Share with all your quilting buddies.  FREE QUILT BLOCKS

Sometimes I will give you layouts or other color options or who knows what else.  Today it is another color way.  I used Handcrafted fabrics, designed by Alison Glass for Andover Fabrics.  I will continue to use these fabrics with the Dimples background for the sample blocks.  I used the Alison Glass Text print for my alternate block (I really watched the direction of the text with this block).  I was so worried about the text direction, that this block is actually a mirror image of the block I actually designed!

Block 1 - New Year Star Block

I hope you enjoy my give-away!  Keep watching for more.  My goal is to post by midnight each Wednesday.  I am excited to see what you do with these free blocks.  Send me pictures, please!  I am also excited to see what blocks I design in the future (I have a good amount already designed, but who knows what will come later).  I must go get stitching!

Blog at you later,

Tiffany

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments: