Friday, April 27, 2018

My Block 4 is Wrong! But I'm Okay

So, I did it wrong on both blocks!
Can you see my mess up?
Yep, I mixed up the Quarter Square Triangles.
And,
I left them just like that!

I bet you never even noticed in my finished quilt.
That's why I left them.

I want you to know that some mistakes are okay.
In my mind this was wasn't worth the seam ripper.

Look, I make lots of mistakes!
I bought myself a fabulous seam ripper (or 2).
Why, you say?
Well, when you use a seam ripper as much as I do,
you might as well have a lovely one!

Want to see them?
Of course you do...
I keep one by my sewing machine and one in the long arm room.
Both get plenty of use.

Oh, by the way, I have some Wool Pressing Mats to sell over on my website.  I talked about them in the Block 3 post.
I just need to adjust the shipping charges as I figure out what shipping will really cost.


Let me get back to the task at hand.
The making of Block 4.
Everything started out just fine.
I cut and labeled my pieces as usual.

But, then something happened.
I layed out my pieces without consulting the pattern
(cuz, I know what I'm doing, right?)

NOPE!

Look at that...
I designed a new color lay-out for this block, ha ha.

Have you ever heard someone refer to that kind of mistake as a new design element?
Well, if not, I want to inform you that I have created a new design element for Block 4.
I crack myself up, can you tell?

Anyway, I finished my blocks and my Let's Work Ahead units.


Oh, and I thought you needed another up close view of Scott's fabulous quilting.
So, here you go...

Gosh, I hope you are having as much fun with this Quilt Along as I am.

Until next week,
Blog at you later,
Tiffany




1 comment:

Suze said...

I don't see any mistakes because I don't see any quarter square triangles in the block. I don't know what the block is supposed to be without a mistake so you are "good to go" as far as I'm concerned. The blocks look beautiful to me.