Friday, April 20, 2018

Batik Block 3 - Easy-Peasy!

Why Easy-Peasy?
Because the Batik Block 3 does not use directional fabric!

Don't get me wrong, the directional fabrics look really cool!
But, when you don't use them you don't have to worry about them!

I am pretty consistent in my work process,
first I cut and label!

Next, I assemble units.


Then I put those units together.
Your getting the hang of this, right?


I always do the Work Ahead steps!


Now let me share with you how I get my blocks so flat!

I just started using a Wool Pressing Mat and I am in LOVE!
The mat maintains the heat and the pieces you press just seem like the press faster and better.

When I am assembling the units I like to use Flatter!

There are different scents (I like them all).
The Flatter helps me to give the units a bit of crispness without the use of starch.

I do use the Best Press when I get the block assembled.
I give it a good pressing so it is nice and pretty and ready for the next step.

 



The next step for me is the design board.
I love having a big design board where I can audition my quilt blocks and sashings and such.

Please check with your local Quilt Store for any of the items I have listed that you may be interested in.
Please help keep your local Quilt Store in business.

I am selfish and want the local stores to stay open so that when I travel the country I can try to visit them all!

Besides, I am sure they want to stay open as well.

Until next week....

Blog at you later,
Tiffany





1 comment:

Quilting Tangent said...

Interesting block design.