Friday, April 13, 2018

Holy Moly - It's block 2!

Where does the time go?
As I get older the days and weeks and months just fly by!
I try to slow down and enjoy each and everyday, but sometimes I forget to do that.

Well, I guess I should get on to the business at hand...
Block 2

So, I love batiks!
Always have, since the moment I first saw them.

I love the tight weave of the fabric,
the vibrant colors from the dying process.
Some day I would love to own a batik chop or 20.
(that's what they call the item that is used to apply the wax in the batik-ing process).

Wouldn't it be great to go to Bali and watch the entire process?
I sure think so!

You know what else I would really like to do?
Design my own batik line and then get to keep the chops.
A girl can dream, right?

Okay, back to the task at hand...
the other thing that is great about batiks is that the right side and wrong side are usually so similar that it doesn't matter which side of the fabric you use!
What a bonus!

Here are my pieces all cut, labeled and ready for Block 2.

Just like last week, I have worked in units.
Do you remember that I like to press my seams open?

Well, when you press open you also need to pin.
I didn't used to be a pinner, but when the end result is so much better, it is worth the time and effort to me.


Assemble those units into rows and the rows into blocks.
Make sure you post your pictures to Facebook or Instagram, you know Nancy and Sarah have some great prizes to give out.  Use the hashtag #DesignerDuoQAL
You don't want to miss out on that.
Besides, that will be incentive to keep caught up.

Oh, don't forget to do the Work Ahead units!


I am off to share 50+ quilts and a Trunk Show tonight!
I do love to share and teach.
Hit me up if your Guild needs a guest.

Blog at you later,
Tiffany

P.S. I will be checking the hashtag and keeping an eye on all your progress.


No comments: