Saturday, August 24, 2013

Downton Abbey Quilts!

Oh do I have some fun news!

Downton Abbey Header

I have been creating quilts using the Downton Abbey fabric that will be heading into quilt stores this November.  Are you a Downton Abbey addict?  If not, you have plenty of time to watch the previous 3 seasons before the next season airs.

Downton_Abbey

I have created 6 quilts for Andover Fabric and the lines associated with the show!  This has been exciting and crazy.  I did my research (Pinterest, really) and tried to create quilts that could have been designed in the early 1900’s.  I will be sharing these quilt over my next few bog posts.

The fabric lines are designated by the character they represent.  There are mood boards for each (I will share those too).  There are lines for Lady Mary, Lady Edith, Lady Sybil, Dowager Countess and a group of fabrics that work with each of the characters.  Let’s start with the quilt that has fabrics in it from each of those women.

Downton Mood Boards - Non-CharacterThis quilt is named:  “Ladies of Downton Abbey”.                           The quilt measures72” x 85”.

Ladies of Downton AbbeyThe fabric is due to arrive in my studio this coming Thursday.  I plan to share through blog, Facebook and Instagram (#LadiesofDowntonAbbey) as I create each of the quilts I will be working on.  The quilts I make will be at Quilt Market (I hope to be there too) as well as part of traveling trunk shows that will visit quilt stores all over the country.  Soooo exciting!!!

So tomorrow, I will give you a look at Lady Mary’s Quilt.

For now I need to clean up my studio so I can be ready for a quilt piecing marathon (do you realize Quilt Market is at the end of October)!.  Oh my!!

Blog at you later,

Tiffany

Legal

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where can I find material for Edith's Grand Entrance

Tiffany Hayes said...

I do not know any store that has all the fabrics in stock, sorry. You will probably have to do some online searching and get it piece by piece. I wish you luck.

Fremalays said...

Interesting read