Friday, February 8, 2013

A Long Day

Scott and I traveled today.  We went to a funeral for the Mom of his friend Bob.  Bob and Jen are the sweetest couple.  Many years ago Jen asked about a quilt for their house.  I gave her this one.  I think she has had it on display ever since.  It made my heart sing today to see it in her dining room.  IMG_1508It was a long day.  It rained, hailed and even snowed on us today.  We traveled the crazy road home during Friday night traffic.  I am such a wimp about traffic.  I thought I would accomplish a great amount upon arriving home, but no!  I am one tired chick!  So I will show you some of what I was working on prior to today.  This is once again a secret project…

DSC06855I do need to put the rest of the binding on the star quilt and tack down the sleeve.  I will show it for the first time at a Ladies Tea tomorrow and sell tickets for chances.  I will try to remember to take some pictures at the Tea and share them.

There was a box of fabric for me when I arrived home.  This beautiful stack is called Amethyst and is from Exclusively Quilters.  I will cut and stitch and assemble it into a quilt.  This one I can share as the process occurs.DSC06856There was also some white fabric in the box to go with the batiks you may notice from an earlier picture.  These need to become a nice large quilt too!

DSC06857Just in case you thought I was slacking or getting bored (which I do not do, Mom always said she could find a job for me if I was bored so I don’t let that happen) I am part of a group at Bolts in the Bathtub that is planning to start a group to make 2 blocks a month from The Farmer’s Wife Sampler Quilt.  I think I will be picking the first 2 blocks, and I have.  I can’t share which ones I pick until late March, but this should be fun!DSC06858

Ok, gotta go get that binding finished up!

Blog at you later,

Tiffany

No comments: