Sunday, September 30, 2012

Quilt Raffle for St. James Food Pantry

Alluring pic for publishA while back my Mom asked if a quilt could be donated by Bolts in the Bathtub, my beloved quilt store (not mine, it really belongs to Fay and Dawna)! I love the store and I love them as well.  The purpose of the donated quilt was to have a raffle and all the proceeds would be donated the the food pantry at St. James church in Perris, Ca.  Pinterest Pic

Well, a quilt was donated.  It is the one pictured above.  I actually designed the quilt using a fabric line from Exclusively Quilters fabrics (the fabric is in the actual quilt is courtesy of Exclusively Quilters).  The line was called Allure and the quilt was named Alluring.  The pattern for this quilt was in Keepsake Quilters Catalog. Here it is an an alternative color way.  This one is entitled Autumn in Big Bear Lake and in available on my website.  I designed and pieced the quilt.  I believe it was quilted by the awesome Vickie Wall.  Click on the picture below and it will take you to my website.32658034

Here is a picture of Saint James Church.  I attended this church for many years (I even went to Saint James for 7th and 8th grade).  Scott and I were married in this church 25 years ago this past June!stjamesperris-fullThis is my Mom, isn't she beautiful? She is a retired school teacher.  Now she spends her time shopping for the best deals on everything she can get for the food panty.  It is hard work too.  She shops, transports, divides and  repackages the food.  She is the treasurer and even writes the grants.  She does a great job.

Scan_0170

Today was the drawing for the quilt.  Mom asked me to come to Perris and be at mass to help draw the winning ticket and present the quilt to the winner.  We drew the ticket, just so happened the winner was another beautiful lady named Kellie.  Kellie actually lives across the street from my Grandma Toni.  We had fun presenting Kellie with the quilt.  Here is a picture of Kellie and her prize. 

DSC06396

The quilt raffle brought in $832.00 and all of that will be spent on food for those who need it.  What a great experience.  I am so happy to do my little part to help.

Whew, that was wordy for me,  off to bed,

Blog at you later,

Tiffany

No comments: