Monday, July 16, 2012

Applique & Adventures!

DSC06270

I have started a new applique project.  I know, surprise, surprise!  I can’t help myself, I see something I like and there I go starting another quilt!

So, I got the first block done, pressed it and put it up to admire!  Well, there is the problem.  I was having a hard time admiring it!  Why, you ask?  Well, look at that embroidery.  That is the problem… the embroidery.  I used a medium green floss trying to get it to show up, and that’s just it, it doesn’t show up.  I have these funny blue things floating out in mid air.DSC06273I think I will pull out the embroidery stitches and replace them with the variegated green above.  I hope that work out better for both the quilt and myself.

This is the quit I am working on:DSC06272

We will be using it for the monthly Applique Workshop at the beginning of each month at Bolts in the Bathtub.  If you are interested in joining in just contact the shop.  You can work on this project with me or work on your own project.

Here are some blocks from Sandy, she is working on another project, but I love this one too!

IMG_1087IMG_1088IMG_1089IMG_1090vintage_dreams_logoThis is the finished quilt.  Both of the quilts above are from Quilters Paradise in Clovis, Ca.

Now on the the adventure…Saturday morning (much earlier that Scott and I usually awake on a Saturday) we got up and packed and ventured to Fox Field to meet up with Jeff & Paula Murphy.

Our daughter, Lindsay, is dating their son, Austin, and they invited us for a weekend in Lake Havasu.     We accepted the invitation and this is how the weekend went.

IMG_1093

First, they took us for a flight in their airplane.

We had never traveled in a plane this small before and had a wonderful flight (except for that little dip Jeff did while descending for the landing).  Scott thought it was great, but I white knuckled it a bit.  I survived, so all is well!

Here is a view of the Lake as we arrived in Havasu.

IMG_1095

Next, was a two day adventure on their new boat!  What a blast!582207_4399796636870_528493666_n

Here are our gracious hosts:  Jeff & Paula.252788_4449967051099_1573631423_n

There were 4 coupes gathered for this adventure.        Next we have Henry & Robin.309335_4449953450759_1129888411_n

Then there was Bruce & Heather (this is a pic from earlier in the morning) they flew from Lancaster to Havasu in another small plane.603386_3529473756336_560438081_n

And here we are…529374_4448317489861_1718807516_n

We didn’t know anyone before the weekend, but went anyway.  We are so glad we did.  Other than the sunburns (which by the way we did use sunscreen, but just not enough and obviously missed a few spots, ouch!) it was an awesome trip!  So good in fact, that we are planning to do it again in September!!!

While we were in Havasu, there was quite a storm.  It poured and there was crazy thunder and lightening during the night.  When flying out yesterday afternoon you could really see how bad the storm turned up the mud in the river:IMG_1096

We also had some turbulence on the way home because of more weather. These are the storm clouds that were over Las Vegas.

IMG_1098

We made it home safe and sound.  Took our showers and went out to dinner with Lindsay and Austin.IMG_1109

What a great weekend!

We have such a great life, full of fun and adventure mixed in with a bunch of hard work, so much to share, so…

Blog at you later,

Tiffany

No comments: