Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Visit to Quilters Cocoon

DSC05990

I am visiting my Mom in Perris for a couple of days.  My Mom needed to have cataract surgery and I volunteered to drive.

She went in yesterday morning and did great.  We went to lunch and off to visit a quilt store.  I have been to this quilt store a couple of times in past years.  Today was an surprise to me though.  They have moved to a new bigger brighter location.  It was a lovely, inspiring store to wander about in.

DSC05989

The front window was lined with gated pieces.  I love the look they gave the shop from the outside peering in.

Once inside there are many treasures to behold!

Umbrellas…

DSC05986

DSC05987

Applique…

DSC05988

Embroidered Purses…

DSC05985

Of course there was a great variety of fabric,

DSC05977

fabric,

DSC05981

and more beautiful fabric…

DSC05975

There were creative displays

DSC05976

and many panels to choose from…

DSC05978

I mean many panels…

DSC05982

I have never seen panels displayed and packaged this way, but I think it is a good idea.  Easy to see what was available.  They were hung on the wall and on a nice rack.

DSC05983

Needless to say, I was inspired.  I have been so busy getting ready for the Southern California Quilt Run that I haven’t had time to even think about being creative.  I have been busy trying to finish up loose ends.  During the quilt run many of the projects I have been working on will be available at Bolts in the Bathtub.

I know I get in trouble with a few people because my posting is inconsistent.  I keep saying I will try to be better.  I do try, but I just don’t know where the time goes.  There is always so much to do I just run out of awake time.  Does anyone else have this problem?  I bet a few of you do!

Ok, that’s enough for now,

blog at you later,

Tiffany

No comments: