Friday, July 5, 2019

I'm a Goof & Life Happens - Blocks 5,6 & 7 - Mix It Up Quilt Along

Well,
Where do I start?

How about with Block 7?
So Block 7 is this weeks post,
but I need to take a couple of steps back in time
and try to clear up and catch up on a couple of things.


I posted the wrong block for Week 4.
It should've been the Times Table shown below.
Just follow Nancy's fabulous instructions
in the Mix It Up pattern book.
I used shades of the Plum fabric for the outer 4 squares.
I used 2 Persimmon squares and
5 Honey squares for the center squares.
You need a total of 7 of these Times Table blocks.

Now, last week should've been the Double Geese.
Where was I?
Missing in action!
I love Flying Geese!
And these Ombre Geese, Oh My!
I made three geese with each of these fabrics:
Lime Green, Persimmon, Lagoon & Plum.
I combined them so all three sets had the geese flying in the same order.

Now, back to Block 7!
This week is another Designer Choice Block.

For this block I cut enough for 3 blocks
(next week I plan to do the last Designer Choice block,
which only needs two).

I cut these pieces out with the Mini Goddess Tool.
I mentioned it in a previous post (Mix It Up - Block 4).
These are mini Tall Triangles.
Here is the center of the block.
I used the corner Cut Away along with a
Half Square Triangle to make a snowball corner.
Now I combined the Mini Tall Triangles.
I arranged all the parts of the block.
It is a rather intense 9-block.
I stitched it all together and here it is:
Let me know if you are crazy enough to want to make this block.
This 12" block is made up of 61 little pieces.
I know, I know, I am crazy!

Well, I hope you enjoyed following my progress.
I would love to see what you are doing.
Please post pictures of the Designer Duo Facebook page.

Blog at you later,
Tiffany




2 comments:

narink said...

I just love your blocks. The ombre' fabric is amazing. So much depth and movement and variety in one piece of fabric!

Anonymous said...

I love this block and would like to make it but didn’t see a link for fabric requirements. Did I miss it somewhere? Thank you.