Friday, December 7, 2012

BlockBase Sew Along – Block 5 Link Up!

So much to do…

and I decide to work on the Block for the Block Base sew along!  I now have Block 1 and Block 5!Block 5

Here is my version on Block 5.  This is actually Block #1755.  I started with 8” blocks, so with 8” blocks I shall continue.  This block is based on 9-patch design, which means it does not come out very nice in the math category.  I printed out Foundation Pattern Templates, this means I paper pieced this block (not my favorite way to make a simple block, but the only accurate way when the math is not right).

I placed the block in an on point setting added some sashing, corner stones and borders and here is my creation.  I rather like it!

Block 5 Quilt

I do have to go to work this afternoon, so I shall just give this quick glimpse into this mornings creations and move along.

So, I must blog at you later,

Tiffany

No comments: