Friday, June 7, 2019

Mix It Up Quilt Along - Block 3

Well, hello again!

It is Week 3!

This week each designer is to share the first of their own blocks.

So here is mine:


I did not give this block a name, but I would love to hear your suggestions.
Click below to download the Fabric Requirements to make one block.
I put three of these blocks in my version of the quilt.


Here is my fabric, cut and ready to assemble my three blocks.

Starting with the center (the pinwheel part)
I drew a line down the center of the Plum and Background squares.


Stitched 1/4" on either side of the drawn line.


Cut on the drawn line.


That will give me two Half Square Triangles.
I need four for each block.


On to the Flying Geese.
Draw that diagonal line again.


Sew right on that line and then trim 1/4" from the line as shown below.


Press.


Draw.


Sew and cut.


Press, you know this, right?


Tad-ah! A Flying Geese Unit.
I need four for each block.


Now, lay it out, and put it together!
Great job!

This block is easy peasy.


Now it's your turn.

Please check out my Mix It Up friends:

Nancy Rink, Nancy Rink Designs
Sarah J Maxwell, Designs by Sarah J
Elisabeth Hardy, Elisabew Quilts
Karen O'Connor, Lady K Quilts
Dolores Smith, Timeworn Toolbox Designs
Giuseppe Ribaudo, aka Giucy Guice

Be sure to join the FaceBook Page and share, share, share!
We love to see what you are creating.

Blog at you later,
Tiffany

No comments: