Friday, May 24, 2019

Mix It Up Fabric Choices and Block 1 - Outbound

Time to get Started!

This is my version of Block 1 - Outbound!


Before we get to far along,
I want to talk about my fabric choices.

I went with the beautiful Confetti Ombre Metallics by V and Co. for Moda.
I mixed them up (like the way I stuck in the MIX, ha ha)
with the Grunge Hits the Spot - New Eggshell and
Grunge by Moda in both Expresso and Lead.


Here is my list of fabrics:
Honey (10807-219) - 3/4 yard
Lagoon (10807-207) - 3/4 yard
Lime Green (10807-18) - 3/4 yard
Persimmon (10807-216) - 3/4 yard
Plum (10807-208) - 3/4 yard
Grunge Hits The Spot New Eggshell (30149 35) - 3 yards
Grunge Expresso (30150-310) - 3/4 yard
Grunge Lead (30150-309) - 3/4 yard


My Block 1 is made with Persimmon, New Eggshell, Expresso & Lead.

Using the pattern book, follow along with page N3.
First I list Nancy's fabric, then my fabric.

Teal Add It Up - Persimmon
Lime Counting - Lead
Black Spiro - Expresso
White Formulas - New Eggshell


I just cut the pieces I needed from the Persimmon Ombre
and decided how I wanted the shades to work when
I arranged the parts of my blocks.

I made the units and assembled the block
according to Nancy's fabulous directions.


Tah Dah!
The beautiful Outbound block is achieved.
Make sure you do this block twice.


Scott, my personal machine quilter,
digitized the block design and quilted for me!

Here is a look at the machine quilting:


Pretty cool, huh?

Now make the rounds:

Okay, get to work!
Make your two blocks and be sure to share them on Social Media.
Facebook and/or Instagram.



I will be on the lookout!

Blog at you later,
Tiffany


No comments: