Monday, January 14, 2013

Oh My! Stars on My Design Wall!

I am busy making stars for the annual quilt I make each year.  This quilt will be raffled and all proceeds will benefit the Antelope Valley Pregnancy Counseling Center.  I have been doing this for a few years now.  Always stars, different stars!DSC06709This year I located this star block in one of the 100 Quilt Blocks magazines.  I have decided to make 20 blocks.  Wow, these are labor intensive.  First, I choose colors for the block and cut what I need.  Then I sew them together, one block at a time (I have 9 done, 11 to go)!

Here is a close up of my favorite set of colors so far…DSC06710

Much more to do.  On a side note, the water pipes froze last night, so since I cannot cook, do dishes or laundry…  it’s a great day to make Star Blocks!

Blog at you later,

Tiffany

No comments: